Friday, January 9, 2009

Children of Hurin

So I just finished Tolkien's newest book, "Children of Hurin". It took me about 2 weeks to read, yet was definitely worth it... It was usual Tolkien writing with heavy details, poetry, and a very complex story... Definitely not as good as "The Hobbit" or "The Lord of the Rings", yet still good... The book has also opened my eyes to how much back-story there is to Tolkien's "Middle Earth"...

Here are some other Tolkien books I still need to read:
            • The Sillmarillion
            • Unfinished Tales
            • The History of Middle Earth
            • Bilbo's Last Song
            • The History of the Hobbit

So Next book for me is either going to be "Angels and Demons" or "Harry Potter 7"... I figure I rushed through HP7 the first time, that I never really got to enjoy it... besides I'm still kind of in a Harry Potter phase!

No comments: