Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Valkyrie

Operation Valkyrie is in effect!

I went and saw the movie today, and I must say it did not disappoint. I had heard all sorts of reviews, basically slamming on Tom Cruise's performance, yet I don't think it was really that bad. Sure, he didn't bring an ounce of German to the character, yet he still made the suspense work. The movie was a nice blend between a historical drama and a suspense film. Was it as good as Saving Private Ryan. No... Was is as good as Minority Report, no! But still it had a certain draw to it, that kept me intrigued the entire movie. I had never even known of the July 20th Plot to assassinate Hitler. It was a genius plan by the scheming German Resistance force. It involved a complex operation of changing the bi-laws, and staging a coup of the government with the army reserve. The real trick was they had to assassinate Hitler. Of course as history should go, I knew it wasn't going to work, yet it was still interesting to see how close they came.

1 comment:

E.T. said...

hmm, this is the only movie showing at the theater that i haven't seen yet, i had decided i wasn't going to, but you're making me re-think the decision.....