Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random Notes

Well I'm back in FW, living here for who knows how long, and I have to say it hasn't really set in yet... the last few days have been very hectic due to my mom's birthday... every year, she likes to turn her birthday into a week-long thing, and this year has been the craziest ever, full of many restaurants and parties... which is why i haven't really had time to get situated much less unpack... hopefully tomorrow though, i'll finally get some time to myself to get things organized!

I've been getting in touch with Sergio lately, which is good, and hopefully he and I can really start working on some things together! we both seem to have similar ideas... I still want to get in touch with many other old FW friends also, and build up somewhat of a network here...

I recently realized that I may need to purchase a car soon, because my brother Gabriel will be getting his liscence soon... This means there no longer will be an extra car floating around, which is not good for my job hunting/social life! I definitely dont want to buy a car, because i feel that it is serious baggage that I don't quite need yet, but i may not have an option... we shall see though... more on this in the future!

I've been falling back into Obama-fever these last few days with the inauguration coming up. I'm happy that I will be able to watch and record the entire thing on Tuesday... It's too bad I can't be there in DC, but i say to myself at least i was there for the historical rally at Grant Park!!

Me and Jackie watched alot of football today... first time in a while! The Arizona Cardinals are going to the Superbowl!? I still can't quite fathom it... McNabb was just a total disappointment today for the Eagles... I can't help but feel sorry for him, and think that maybe he's just washed up! He always comes so close and yet always fails... so anyway it'll be the Cardinals vs. the Steelers for the SuperBowl... I have my money on a Pittsburgh Steelers Blowout!

I had to trim my beard today... :(
after getting a haircut, it just did not go well with the long beard... so after nearly a month of growing it out, the scruffiness is gone! this was by far the longest id ever grown it... someday it will be back!

Saw the movie "Benjamin Button" few days ago with Lauren and I gotta say i walked out with mixed feelings... I had very high expectations for this movie, thinking it was going to be the next "Forest Gump" yet was somewhat let down... The special effects were amazing, and there were some parts that really had my attention, like the tugboat scenes... the length of the movie didn't bother me too much, but i think the sheer strangeness of it all did... the story was interesting, unlike anything I'd ever seen, yet it just made for an all out weird environment... the best example i can think of is at the end, when an old Cate Blanchett holds her true love in her arms; an infant Brad Pitt... awkward!

-coming soon: a Tribute to Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy; two Revolutionists who paved the way for President Barack Obama!!

4 comments:

Pablo Ramos said...

don^t count my man kurt warner. dangerous in the playoffs.

laurlaur said...

"...holds her true love in her arms; an infant Brad Pitt."

i laughed when i read this. so true though

Audgepodge said...

Hey, I know exactly what you mean about a new car being baggage! I got a 2008 Ford Focus, and don't get me wrong, I am in love with it, but some days I wish I could just pack up and head South... then I remember my car payments...

IU_hoosier20 said...

Amen, audrey... i feel the exact way about my school loans right now!