Friday, October 2, 2009

Goodbye Chicago 2016

I remember when I lived in Chicago, everywhere I went I would see the emblem or motto for the 2016 Olympic Bid... Sure I knew in the back of my head that a lot could happen in 8 years, and doubted I would still be living there, yet the possibility of hosting my friends and family to partake in the atmosphere would have been incredible. I am an avid fan of world competition, most notably the Olympics and the World Cup. To think that so much culture would be right there in our backyard would have been way too much fun. I was always doubtful we'd get it, yet had much more hope after a popular Chicago resident was elected president. Yet not even President Obama's push to host the games was enough. Today the Olympic Committee voted, and Chicago was eliminated from the selection. Now the games are either going to Madrid or Rio de Janiero, which is probably a better thing for them. We've hosted enough games already, and need to spread the event out a little more... Nonetheless, I still do intend to one day move back to Chicago, a city that is rich of culture!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello.

my name is han kook na

i'm from korea.

i hope make a foreign friend.

if you want that you comes my blog and write comments.pleaes

thank you.