Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall Festivals: Alexandria, IN

Yesterday I went on another road-trip with my mom, grandma, and Sue to the small town of Alexandria, IN (on the outskirts of Muncie). The weather was somewhat chilly, yet I thought it was perfect fall weather. The festival was pretty low-key, yet still there was a lot going on. Tents, rides, stage performances, and lots of food. We watched the community choir sing several songs from the play Music Man, including the song "Shipoopi". It reminded me of the classic Family Guy Episode where Peter scores a touchdown for the New England Patriots, and gets the entire stadium singing the song. I also had an elephant ear, which was the first time in a long while. We left the festival around 4ish, and on the way home, my mom had the urge to get some apple dumplings from her favorite restaurant Cracker Barrel. The place was pretty packed, and once we were seated, we waited another good 15 minutes to get served. We decided since we were seated to go ahead and just order some food, so I got my favorite biscuits and gravy. Ofelia asked for a bowl of potato soup, yet they didn't have any... To make things even crazier they were out of apple dumplings, which was the reason we came. The manager then came out, apologized to us, and told us our meal was on the house... So at least that was nice...

No comments: