Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pink Floyd on Vinyl

The other day at Matt's house I heard Dark Side of the Moon on a vinyl record for the first time ever, and it sounded amazing. It was so authentic, with a crispy scratchy, sound to it. It made me understand the way people heard it in 1973 when it first came out. I think this is the way Classic Rock should be heard, and I am considering in the future to perhaps get some of the "must-haves" on vinyl, such as:

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall
Beach Boys- Pet Sounds
Beatles- Sgt. Pepper, White Album, Magical Mystery Tour
The Doors- The Doors
The Who- Tommy
Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin IV

Also I finally saw the dvd "Live at Pompeii" where the band is performing several songs in an ancient Roman stadium. It also has several interviews with the band members, some footage of their studio work on Dark Side, and lots of abstract images to go with the music... All in all I thought it was a pretty awesome dvd...

Some great Pink Floyd songs;

-Us and Them
-Echoes
-Run Like Hell
-Summer '68
-Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun

No comments: