Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random Notes

Less than 2 weeks until I will be flying out to Costa Rica... I'm very excited yet honestly don't know what to expect... It's going to be something entirely new, unlike anything I've ever done before... I'll be there for 3 months, maybe more, depending how things go... No matter what happens, I am sure it will be an extremely memorable experience!

The past few weeks now, I have gone through a Classic Movie phase, watching all sorts of old films from the 30s, 40s, and 50s... I record them on the DVR, so that I can watch them at night and skip through the commercials... I've been able to check off many of these classics from my must-see-list;
Gone with the Wind, Bridge on the River Kwai, Doctor Zhivago, African Queen, Chinatown, On the Waterfront, All About Eve, North by Northwest, The Longest Day, Psycho, and many more...

I finally shaved today... i haven't had a clean bare face since way back in November... Feels weird and may take some time getting use to...

St. Patty's Day is in a few days... I'm hoping to spend the whole day at O'Sullivans, yet haven't really made any plans with anyone else yet... I know EJ is coming into town, yet I think Palms might be working the whole day... All I know is that there will be lots of Green Beer being drank!

Obama has been president for more than 50 days now, and thus far, he has brought about a very aggressive agenda! He has not only put forth big plans to fix the economy, yet has also put focus on health care, stem cell research, shutting down Guantanamo Bay, and sending more troops to Afghanistan... I have followed his presidency very closely, and I must honestly say, that there has hardly been a day that I have been disappointed with!

It still is a terrible recession we are experiencing, and may not get better till the end of the year, yet it will eventually get better! So for all those naysayers out there who are already questioning Obama's policies, let's not forget that he inherited this crisis from the previous 8 years of ignorant de-regulation and carelessness! I think it's about time we see these rich bankers tremble in their shoes... Good for you Obama!

I haven't ate meat since Ash Wednesday, and am still going strong! This is by far the biggest thing I have ever given up for Lent, yet I must say that it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I've gotten use to a life without meat, and have been eating a lot of fish as a substitute...

I'm going to see ATB in concert next Saturday with Gabriel, Philip, and Shawna... The concert will be at the Congress Theater in Chicago! It will be my first concert in almost 4 years, since I saw Coldplay! Pretty sad, I know, but I am sure that ATB will not disappoint!

I intend to continue blogging while in Costa Rica, so as to chronicle and share my experience with others...

Coming Soon; My Top 50 Movie Heroes!

No comments: