Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Greetings from San Jose

The weather is amazing, the people are friendly, and the coffee flows like water... I've been staying at this hostel for the past few days, and it has already been quite an experience. There are people here from all over the world; Germany, Cuba, America, France, Asia, all with different stories... The first night felt very wierd, sharing a room with like 8 other people, but the 2nd night was not a problem... It reminds me of the dorm life back in college... with living quarters outside of the rooms; people out sitting by the pool, in the computer lab, watching TV, reading, drinking coffee, and just laying out... there is music constantly playing... It's like a little family here all on spring break or something, a great mesh of cultures.




I flew in late Monday night, and found my shuttle easily, yet was unable to find my cousin, Queta. As you can imagine this lead to a whole ordeal of drama and panic within the family. I was finally able to call them the next day and let them know I had made it fine. Yesterday I met Ernesto, the program representative of OTEC, and he was very friendly. I have decided to stay with a host family, so that I can take in more culture. I begin working on Thursday. This hostel was a good jumping start, yet now I'm ready to take in more of Costa Rica...

No comments: