Sunday, March 22, 2009

ATB in Concert

I'm here at Lauren's right now, writing what may be my last blog in the states for some time... I'm off to Costa Rica tomorrow, and I gotta say I'm pretty excited! I really hope things work well, and that within a few weeks, I can meet some cool people, and possibly find a part-time job... nonetheless, I know it still will be quite a life-experience, which is exactly what I am ready for right now...

So to leave with a final bang, I decided to hit up an ATB concert in Chicago with my brothers. As I wrote in my Top 50 Musicians, ATB is not only my favorite electronic group, but also my 9th favorite music artist. They were first introduced to me several years back by Philip, and ever since I have always found them ideal for chilling, running, reading, dancing, or just all out partying.... the concert itself was at the Congress Theater, and it was an all out rave. My first rave ever... It was non stop high octane dancing... heavy beats with a phenomenal light show... it was a giant arena full of ENERGY! it came and went in waves, but for the most part, it was non-stop moving and dancing... the people there were all very friendly; either amped on power drinks, drunk, high, or tripping on some king of drug... they were all nicely dressed, metro, emo, gothic, all sorts, and the majority of the girls there were stunning!

Gabriel and I, managed to make our way to the front in the midst of the madness... We were practically in the 2nd row, and had a great front row view at the DJs. ATB didn't come out till around 12ish, and he played lots of new stuff, blended with his older stuff... All in all I'd say we were out there for a solid 5 hours, just lost in the music with the rest of the people... It was quite an experience, and ATB really knows how to work a crowd... Though I have to say, I don't think I could ever be a seasoned raver... I'd much rather just listen to the music...

This past weekend, I've been all over the Midwest... Starting with a visit to see Philip, in Indianapolis. We then drove to West Lafayette to visit his girlfriend Shawna... We went to Gabriel's track meet on Saturday, where I actually talked with Mr. Draper, my much-hated old track coach. He was actually very friendly with us, and we talked for a while, mostly reminiscing about the old days. After the track meet we drove to Chicago to go see the concert. We caught a limo, to the concert, which was nice, yet very unnecessary and expensive, and it took us to the wrong place to make matters worse... we got there a little late, and managed to sneak Gabriel in, even though he was underage... I got here to Lauren's this morning, where I plan on taking a taxi out to the airport tomorrow! So that's it for now... Big day tomorrow!

The next blog will be coming from San Jose, Costa Rica..!

2 comments:

laurlaur said...

Hey! Thanks for the box!

Question, will be be able to reach you via cell phone while you are in Costa Rica?

Good Luck!

Peace

IU_hoosier20 said...

thats a negative lauran... but i can recieve txt messages, just can't respond to them though..