Friday, May 15, 2009

The Barrio of Los Angeles

After a real fun time last night at "Colina" with the teachers, I decided to take the day off today... So I had some breakfast and then ventured outward into the Barrio of Los Angeles. I walked for a good 3 hours, up and down hills, pass schools and houses, through roads and towns, through dirt-trails and farms, through forests and rivers, ... and the further I went, the less I wanted to turn back... so much to see! this place just never gets old... yet the climax of my walk had to be the small forest I ventured into... it was a hidden trail, behind a shed, covered by trees, and I decided to give it a go... to see where it lead... and as I began, I was somewhat afraid of what lied ahead... if it was private property? or worse was the thought of deadly snakes, of which I have heard many stories about... yet I pressed onward, into the high grass, submerged into the forest, and away from the main roads or civilization, and soon I was no longer afraid... it was a peaceful place... away from the blazing sun, and into a secluded trail, with a gentle wind and light beaming through the trees, surrounded by colorful butterflies, tropical birds, green plants, amazing flowers, tall bamboo trees that swayed back and forth, and incredible views of the green mountain ranges... I'd look out into those mountain ranges and see cows grazing, and giant birds gliding in the air... It all had a majestic feel to it, like something out of a cartoon... there are really no words or pictures that can describe the beauty of this country... it's just something you got to see with your own eyes...

In other news, I'm finally moving out of Dona Hilda's house this weekend. I'll be moving in with Miguel, and staying another 2 weeks in San Carlos... I'll also be teaching another week at San Martin, for now... Things are really starting to get "interesting" with the teachers... ;) As hard as this was to break to Dona Hilda, it kind of was an easy decision... 1. because it's twice as cheap, and 2. It's going to be much more relaxing.... As much as I like Dona Hilda, I need some peace and privacy!! So we'll see how this change goes... Also this weekend I'll be going on an ultimate adventure with Miguel back to San Vicente, to climb the peak... It's going to take us the entire day, and I imagine will be quite a memorable hike, so expect a post with some pictures in a few days...

No comments: