Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally... Some Costa Rica Pics


Costa Rica Backpacker´s Hostel...


This is where I stayed for my first two nights... Although it was not fun at all sharing a room with 8 people, the outdoor setting made up for it... Palm trees, hammocks, a nice pool, a lounge, free coffee, music playing, friendly people, and several hot babes!






Jaenette´s Entry Way

The house is a typical latin style house... Bars in the front and three locked doors to get in... The house is very colorful inside, and surronded with many plants and animals... it´s like living in a green house or something... it´s very comfortable, and I´m glad I decided to leave the Hostels to come live here... I´ve also decided to stay another 2 weeks with her after I come back from the ¨Finca¨.











Center Park of Guadalupe

I live in this small suburb about 10 minutes away from San Jose... Janette´s house is about 125 meters away from this Park, that is always full of pigeons, hobos, skateboarders, and people selling things... It´s definetely not the safest of places, and I would not want to get lost here at night...
Yet it still isn´t a bad town, and I think I´ve already become quite familiar with it for the most part...




The Panaderia

Words cannot explain the amazing smells of these Panaderias, that are on practically every corner... Although I have yet to indulge into one of these pastries, this picture still captures the essence of the city...









Typical View of the Streets

Most of San Jose is pure commerical... the sidewalks are full of people selling things, and practically every building is either a store or a bar... it´s definetely not a clean city to say the least! Yet the people here are still very friendly... the beer of choice is Imperial or Pilsen... I´ve yet to decide which I like better...











Bar Mi Taberna

This bar is only a few minutes from our house, and me and my European friends have become regulars... The bar is half outdoors/half indoors, and is always playing good music, like our favorite song, ¨Me Gusta¨... the servers are very friendly to us!







Mountain Majesties

If you can manage to get away from all the craze of the city, you realize that you are surronded by amazing mountains in all directions! I´ve yet to even get out of San Jose, yet will be this week with my cousin. We´re driving out to the countryside, a place in Limon they call the ¨Finca¨... I´ve also decided that I want to dedicate the entire month of May to doing some outdoors project...





Queta´s Neighborhood in Calle Blancos

It´s a very colorful neighborhood, in which I helped Queta and Humberto move into about a week ago... Very hilly, and full of people in the streets... There is also a great view of the National Stadium where the Costa Rica futbol team plays... The other day there was a fire in the neighborhood, and it rained ash for days...







Pared Maracucho

This is a wall inside Queta & Humberto´s house dedicated to Venezuela... We have a very similiar settup in our house at Keikionga... Just had to take a pic of this!












Downtown San Jose

This is very close to the Central Avenia, that is full of people. It was quite a sight to see today, as people walked up and down this center avenue, surronded by stores and restaurants... It went on for several blocks through the city, and I wanted to take many more pictures, yet I had to be careful with my camera... I will get more though!






Avenida Central

This is about where I began my jounrey into the chaos of Avenida Central... Beyond this point there are no cars allowed, only a large walkway that is surronded by stores on both sides, full of people in the middle... I promise I will eventually get a picture of this incredible sight!!

No comments: