Saturday, April 11, 2009

Semana Santa at the Finca

Just spent the past 4 days, celebrating Holy Week at a farm in Limon... It was an amazing week with Queta and Humberto´s family, and I was able to take in more culture in those 4 days, than I had the first 2 weeks in San Jose... The location was very remote, beyond the mountains, and through a rain forrest, far away from the commerical life here in San Jose... It was everything I wanted... There was about maybe 30 of us staying in this cabin, located in the middle of a beautiful tropical range... Surronded by palm trees, lakes, and mountains, everyday made for an amazing sight. The land belongs to Humberto´s father, Don Humberto, a man I have an immense amount of respect for... He must be at least in his mid 60s, yet has the energy of a child... There was lots of futbol, good food, swimming, volleyball, board games, music, good drinks, Casica, all types of birds, gallo-pinto every day for breakfest, lots of Coffee, Pilsen, cows, good conversations, Imperial, range shooting, some cute Tican girls, and an entertaining game of Shirrades... Everyone accepted me as if I were family, and it will be an Easter week that I will never forget!


















3 comments:

Pablo Ramos said...

Solid post bro

Audgepodge said...

Dear Stephen,

I am oh so jealous right now! Just got back from my trip to España and have decided I need to GET OUT OF THE US! Arrrrgh. I might just show up on your doorstep one night. I'm glad you're having great adventures!

IU_hoosier20 said...

yes audrey of course! life is good here! part of me just wants to find a job and live here, yet i dont know i could be that far from my family... u shud definetely come visit though, i think ill be moving out to Cabo Blanco in a few weeks... im here till end of June!!