Friday, June 26, 2009

Tribute: Michael Jackson

Following the death of Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, I felt it was fitting to write up a tribute to one of the world's Great Revolutionaries in the art of music... He died yesterday of a cardiac arrest, or at least that's all we know so far... He was 50 years old... There's no doubt in my mind, that Michael had a comeback in the works, and some successful years ahead of him... He had a 3-year tour booked for Europe, and was working on a new groundbreaking album... What a shocking thing, that he is no longer alive... When I heard the news, I was instantly in denial... Then I turned on the TV, to watch as they made it official. When I told my dad, I almost began to choke up... Just to say the words out loud was chilling... "Michael Jackson is dead"...

I mean the guy was an icon to me... Number 6, on my 50 Greatest Musicians... Growing up as a kid, he was everything... From his music, his dancing, his videos, the works! Me, Philip, and Jhormy especially idolized Michael Jackson. He was probably the first musician I ever really liked... And I continued to like him through high school, with Serg and other friends... Always trying to dance like him at the school-dances... Sure he went through some controversial times, yet I never was mad at him... Every artist is a little different, perhaps crazy, yet that's what makes them so unique... Michael Jackson was truly a unique artist... and I don't think his personal life affects his legacy whatsoever! His music will impact people for many, many years to come. His death is a very sad loss to the musical world!

Some noteworthy songs from the King of Pop;

"Smooth Criminal"
"I wanna Rock with You"
"Beat it"
"Bad"
"Man in the Mirror"
"Black or White"
"Billie Jean"
-and many, many, more!

No comments: