Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Alajuela and La Fortuna

I went to Alajuela on Thursday to meet up with Dona Janette, yet my phone was dead, and I wasn't able to get a hold of her... So i had a horrible day there... There really isn't much to see in the city.... The heat was extreme, I had terrible Chinese for lunch, spent way too much for a milk shake, walked for many hours, got lost several times, and to top the day off got rained on without my umbrella. I was happy to get out of Alajuela...

The next day I caught a bus to San Carlos to visit everyone... It felt good to be back in Ciudad Quesada, and although it had only been a week since I was gone, it felt like I was returning home again! I went straight to the Bariro of Coocqiue, with Dona Janette, and had lunch with the neighbors, Bridget and her family... I was unable to get a hold of Sedy or Yogi, so I had a spontaneous idea to catch a bus to La Fortuna... Of course Dona Janette wanted to join me, yet this worked out nicely because we stayed at her brother Orlando's house for the night... The following day I woke up around 6am after a great sleep and could finally see the peak of Volcan Arenal... It was a glorious sight! Just what I had been longing to see, and I sat out there on the patio for almost an hour just watching the volcano shoot smoke into the air... We had breakfast at Orlando's house and after that, Janette's niece, Ali, a very friendly English teacher, took me out to the Hot Springs... The water was extremely refreshing, and we had an incredible clear view of the volcano... After this I decided to treat Ali and Dona Janette to lunch, for showing me such a good day! I left back to San Jose around 3ish...

No comments: