Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bye Bye Matt Millen

Wow, the Lions finally got rid of Matt Millen, possibly the worst GM in the history of the NFL... This is a happy day to be a Lions fan, who has watched the franchise as a kid since the glory days of Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, and Johnnie Morton... I remember there was once a time in grade school when I was proud to be a Lions fan! In those days we would actually compete for the playoffs... Thanksgiving games were actually close! and of course there was Barry Sanders, my idol, and favorite football player of all time! I would imitate him as much as I could on recess... Then he suddenly quit, and in came Matt Millen... so marked the sudden decline of my team!

Ever since the start of this millennium, the Lions have undoubtedly been the worse team in football... No thanks of course to the poor unexperienced managing of Matt Millen... He has made the worst draft decisions in the past 6 years, with busts on Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams... There has been an overall losing attitude in the locker-rooms, and I think that reflects poorly on the management who writes the paychecks! Now that Millen is gone, there will definitely be a new approach to things in Detroit! Will this change our failing season of 0-3, probably not right away, but at least there is hope in the horizon!!

No comments: