Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Regarding University of Illinois

Did this game a few weekends ago in Urbana-Champaign and have been meaning to make a post about it. The drive from Indianapolis was very convenient, straight on highway 74, it took a little more than an hour to get there. However this was the 2nd game I've done at the University of Illinois and my impression was no different than it was before. I am sorry to say that the city of Champaign is nothing more than an industrial wasteland. It's a barren and dry atmosphere with factories and smoke torching the gray sky. The mere idea of attending this school is beyond me, and wonder why someone would chose this ugly campus over Northwestern or any of the other much more appealing Big Ten Colleges. I also noticed in a peculiar matter, the town has more Chinese restaurants then I have ever seen before... I stopped in at one of them, and was not very satisfied with the food. Yet somehow the Fighting Illini still manage to have a successful basketball and football program. The game I did that weekend with Kealy went extremely smooth, and to give U of I some credit, Memorial Stadium is one of the easiest setups I've done all year. Yet once the game was over, I was quite happy to be on my way...

No comments: