Monday, November 1, 2010

Random Notes

So the craziness of October began with Philip and Shawnna's Wedding... From the preparation, to the actual three day event. And as I posted in the previous entry, the event was a total success, and I was happy to finally have it behind us. The following Monday, I took Philip and Shawnna to the airport to begin their honeymoon in Ireland. It was then that I got a phone-call from my mom, telling me that Grandma was dying. I therefore had to turn around, and make a straight 4 hour drive to Battle Creek Michigan.

I managed to make several visits with Grandma on her death bed. She passed away yesterday, October 31... The funeral will be this Thursday... Tribute to come...

I've been staying busy working with ESPN College Football, and am still trying to pursue a career in education. I found part-time work as an English/Math tutor, and hopefully will start in the coming weeks... Getting back into school has not been going as smoothly as I would like, though nonetheless I press onward. This Wednesday I will take the PRAXIS exam, which is a very important requirement of being a teacher.

Palmer got me started on a new exercise routine, called P90x, and I have come to love it. Each day I target a specific area on my body, mixing cardio with muscle toning. The program is very successful, for it's extreme style of which it calls "muscle confusion"... All I need is a living room, DVD player, a resistance band, and about an hour, and I can get in my full workout. I've been doing it for three weeks now, and look forward to it each day.

Election day is tomorrow, and I plan on voting here in Indianapolis. It seems as if the Republicans are going to win back the Congress, yet this is a normal occurrence in mid-term elections. I still think President Obama has done an amazing job in his first two years and has great results still to come...

Audrey had an awesome Halloween party this past Saturday. Philip and I went as the Blues Brothers, dressed in our suits, fedoras, and shades. He was Elwood and I was Jake. We tried to stay in character most of the night...

I've decided to move out of Sand Creek Woods when my lease ends, and try and move closer to the city. I have until the end of January to find a new complex, and maybe a new roommate. If I can't find a roommate I will get a single unit... Definitely one that allows dogs..!

No comments: