Monday, October 25, 2010

Regarding Northwestern University

This would be my second game at Northwestern University, on the Northern outskirts of Chicago. Set in Skokie, Illinois the Wildcat stadium brings a great view of the endless Lake Michigan, the Baha'i Temple to the north, and the glorious skyline to the south. Although I was working, I was still filled with a great feeling of nostalgia, remembering the times I use to live in Chicago, near Rogers Park. I wasted no time in taking in the Chicago culture, as soon as I got there, by hitting up nearby stores, eating at a fancy pizza restaurant, stopping in on a bookstore, and then catching a movie. The set day with Kealy, went very smooth and for lunch we went to a grease pit to get some good Vienna Beef Hot Dogs, (Classic Chicago)... Later that evening, I met up with an old college friend, Nikki Larsen, at a bar in Skokie. We had several drinks, pizza, and some good times... The next morning I was very tired, yet the Lake Michigan breeze brought me some added energy. Game day went very smooth, and since Northwestern was playing Michigan State, I had my whole family watching the game back in Battle Creek, Michigan. The game turned out to be an extremely exciting one, with a rocking-loud stadium. Michigan State managed to pull a great comeback in the final seconds of the game. After tear-down I drove to Rogers Park, to sit by the beach for a while and smoke a good cigar. I had an enjoyable drive home back to Indy, yet as usual I cannot wait for my return back to this great city.

No comments: