Sunday, October 10, 2010

Regarding The Ohio State University

I've always thought it quite amusing how Ohio State University refers to themselves as "THE" Ohio State University. So finally I got the chance to work a game there, and see one of the nations best football programs in action. Now I think I've been through Columbus, OH several times, yet hardly remember a time where I actually stayed there. So as far as I can remember, this was my first time there... Although the skyline was quite impressive the city itself was not; full of construction, closed roads, street beggars, etc... All businesses and restaurants were closed by 3:30 pm, which made it quite inconvenient to walk around and find some dinner...


The campus on the other hand was very nice, and the stadium itself was an amazing site, like a giant Roman Pantheon, sitting over 102,000. I worked both days with Tim Kealy, my old Mountain-West counter-part, trying to ignore his obnoxious character, and take it the environment. After two full days working on the campus, I came to conclude that it is surely the football program that grants Ohio State the entitlement of "THE"... With it's massive stadium, it's entertaining band, it's glorious flag-pole, and of course it's number 2 ranked football team in the nation... I would say the only downside to the program, might be their annoying fans, or maybe this was just because they were rooting against my alma-matter of Indiana. All-in-all as amazing as Ohio State may be, I still prefer Michigan football, and can't wait for the big game against the two power-houses.

No comments: