Monday, December 21, 2009

Looking Back at History

Over the past few years I have grown a deep admiration for the study of History. It began mostly after I finished high school where I discovered that I could finally develop my own opinions. Through my appreciation for movies as well as my discovery of Wikipedia, I quickly found a new source of information. And so I began to unlearn what I was taught in High School, and understand history with a more open perspective. I have often spent hours on Wikipedia, jumping from one link to another, one event to another, one name to another, one picture to another, and so forth. Lost in time with stories of Corruption, Conspiracy, War, Genocide, Depression, and Rebellion... So much information, and it's all here online! And with this easy access to all this information, I can dig deeper than ever before, trying to understand the significance of these events. History is truly an incredible thing... It is true stories of epic proportions... Stories that have shaped our society today... And the most interesting part is that these stories hardly ever have one side to them...

Coming Soon: The Ruins of Warsaw

No comments: