Thursday, November 5, 2009

Random Notes

I've been juggling three jobs the past month now. The UHA, the YMCA, and Sportvision. I enjoy my job at UHA, where I work as a teacher, tutor, driver, and cook. It's a job that constantly has me getting involved, and the time just flies by.

Then there is my job at the Y where I work as a kid's gym teacher and counselor. It easy stuff minus the early morning hours of 7-9am... I get paid peanuts there, yet at least I get free membership which I have been taking advantage of.

Then there is Sportvision, who finally got a hold of me, after i landed these other two jobs. Go figure, when it rains it pours, huh... So I've managed to fit several games in on the weekends, and have two more coming up later this month. This one is where the real money is, and it's hard to pass them up on an offer, even though I'm already busy as can be.

Yet I must say as busy as I've been, I sometimes feel like I'm just going through the motions. Like I'm there physically but not mentally. I am very grateful to finally be working again, yet my mind is elsewhere... and I'm sure it shows, but I really don't care. I want to get away from Fort Wayne and move back to Chicago, where each day is an adventure... Or maybe go do some more traveling to South America or Europe... Still so many places to see... So much to do...

Over the past several months, I have found that I enjoy teaching and tutoring... To be able to shape minds and share knowledge is very gratifying... I could see myself doing it for some time to come. The only catch is that I don't want to go back to school. I simply cannot afford it, and I don't want to go further into debt! I know there are many other options out there that don't require a teaching certificate... So we shall see...

Halloween was a good time... I rocked my V costume, the entire evening. First at Gily's house, we gave the trick or treaters quite a show as a I welcomed them in V fashion, and then was later attacked by my brother dressed as Freddy Kruger. We then had us a little dual, where Gabriel would join in as a CIA agent. Some of the kids loved it, while others were scared to tears... After the trick-or-treating, we all went to the Gala, a formal mask party. I was one of the few to arrive in full costume, and I'm sure I surprised many people. It was fun though, the food was excellent, and the band was very entertaining... We danced the night away, costume and all... Serg also stopped by dressed as Clint Eastwood.

I've been lifting a lot lately at the YMCA... I usually go right after work, mostly to do benching and upper-body... No running though. I intend to run the Huff in late December yet probably won't start training until after Thanksgiving. I just recently got better from a terrible flu. It was one of the worst flus I'd had in a while.

I've been getting into a Batman phase lately... Watched "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", and have been playing "Batman: Arkham Asylum" on our new Xbox 360... It's a dark series, with so much back story to it, of which I want to further explore.

The Xbox 360 was a necessary purchase to finally move away from the childish Wii games... Fifa 10 was the last straw for me, with it's cartoon graphics on the Wii. I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything, but I do prefer some good graphics, with adult-like game play. I'll always be grateful to the Nintendo World, the Mario Franchise, Zelda, etc, yet its time for something new... Still have to buy Fifa 10 though!

Just saw the preview for Invictus, a film directed by Clint Eastwood, with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. It is the story about Nelson Mandela and the 1995 South African Rugby World Cup Championship. I have a feeling it could be the movie the year...

2 comments:

dreamer said...

moving to Chicago would be the best choice to make... I do agree with you more then ever... Fort Wayne is a downer... Chicago is the place to be... I'm really considering moving there by Jan... couple of my friends are moving and it almost feels right to fallow them. good luck... we need to do lunch!

IU_hoosier20 said...

amen to that sister!