Thursday, November 19, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum

For the past few weeks now, I have emerged myself into this game for our Xbox. It had become my late night ritual after getting home from UHA, where I could get away from everything and take on Gotham City. I must say it was this game, that re-ignited my current obsession with the Batman universe. Well after many nights, I finally beat it tonight, and am ready to give a full review: It's an all-around great game, a darker game, very similar to the re-vamped Nolan series. Most of the voice-cast was from the Animated Series, which won more points in my book. In the story, the Joker takes over the Arkham insane asylum, and frees many of it's prisoners such as Bane, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn, Victor Zsasz, and the Scarecrow. He takes Commissioner Gordon prisoner, and intends to poison Gotham City's water supply. Throughout the game Batman must journey all across the island, with some guiding help from Oracle, to re-gain control. The game is full of puzzles, high gadgetry and weapons, complex maps, and some awesome hand-to-hand combat play. And the graphics are simply astonishing! It does take a little while to get the hang of it, especially using detective mode. One of the most annoying parts for me, was navigating the map and finding your way through some extremely dark locations. It's definitely a mature game, not for children, and I would highly recommend it for your serious gamer or Batman fan!

No comments: