Friday, July 10, 2009

Random Notes

Ive been back in the states for over 3 weeks now, and have fallen into a nice groove back in the Fort... job-searching at the library, lifting, painting, running, soccer, and just hanging out at Keikionga! It's my friends and family that make it almost worth living here... sure I don't have a job yet, but thats all still in the works... i think if something came about, I could definetely give Ft Wayne another run... yet not for too long!

This past weekend, we had an epic 4th of July Party at our house... We spent the whole week prepping; staining the deck, painting, fixing things, and cleaning,... Then on Friday the party kicked off... The Bell girls came over, the Ruizes, grandma, as well as some friends... We got a nice fire going, few drinks, and had some good hot-dogs for dinner... the next morning, family started filing in... We got a huge game of World Cup going in the day, then in the afternoon we had some good Clam Chowder for lunch... By 4ish many of my friends came over, and the drinking games began. "Asshole", "Kings", and of course lots of "Flippy Cup"... The games lasted throughout the evening, until we kicked off the Sundberg/Gaffney concert... This was a good jam session of classic rock songs! Then around 10ish, Nick Rager and Schrieber put on an incredible firework show, (over 1000 dollars worth of bombs)... Mom cooked up some incredible Pad-Thai around 11pm... the party lasted late into the night... I believe Rager said he was the last one up at 4am... Great stuff!

I've been in a huge Michael Jackson phase the past 2 weeks... I updated my collection, made an ultimate CD, watched all his music videos on YouTube, and have now set all my ring tones to his music... The King of Pop is definitely missed!

Tomorrow I run the 5k Runners on Parade, and am proud to say, I've recruited at least 6 to 7 people to run it as well... Should be a fun one!

I've been renting good movies at the library lately... Thank you for Smoking was a very informative look into the smoking industry, the money spent and the lives taken... An All-star cast, and a strong breakthrough performance by Aaron Eckhart...

Still working on There Will be Blood... So far it's been real good, an all-out drama, very artistic... yet I've just been too tired every time I watch it... I'll have it finished by this weekend though!

Okay that's all for now...

No comments: