Friday, July 8, 2011

Random Summer Notes

The days are hot and the summer goes on, as I continue working as a Courier for Racer Cartage Logistics, and a tutor for the Mind Program. I enjoy both of these part-time positions, because they give me complete freedom to do my work independently. I've also begun working in Motorsports for Sportvision. I worked the Indy500 back in late May, and will work the Brickyard 400 at the end of July. Once football season starts, I hope to be comfortably juggling three jobs. I have come to really enjoy this concept of freelance working. It's a lifestyle that is different each day, and puts me in control of my own business.

About a month ago, I went on a shopping splurge and finally teched up. I bought a new Blue-Ray player, streaming Netflix, and a brand new smartphone. All three have become incredible purchases, that have made my days all the better. Streaming Netflix is an amazing concept, that streams video through the Blue Ray and onto the television. It offers many titles, movies, documentaries, and TV Series. Lately I've been watching Hey Arnold, Weeds, and America: The Story of Us, as well as many classic, independent, and foreign films.
I also bought the Galaxy Smartphone for T-Mobile, which is like having a mini-computer in my hands. It's an incredible device, that keeps me in-sync and connected to the world. It is the ideal phone for my mobile work.

This weekend, I'll be running the Runners on Parade 5k in Fort Wayne for the 5th or 6th time. This race has always been an important one for me, because it was my first ever road-race and inspired my interest in competitive running. Jhormy will also be running it, and I hope that we can add another running enthusiast to the family.

The political-sphere has been extremely interesting lately, especially the ongoing dual between President Obama and Congress. Ever since this Congress began it's term in January, they have done nothing but constant bickering. They first tried to repeal Health Care, then they accused the president of not being born in America, they tried to sue him over the Libya intervention, and now are refusing to budge on this debt-ceiling issue. I often wonder if these Republicans care whatsoever about the sake of our country's economy, and that their primary ambition is to have President Obama fail.

The Kekionga Sprint Triathlon is set to go for July 23rd, and as of now it looks like a large event. We have over 20 participants in the race, and hopefully many more for the party in the evening.

I went to Battle Creek, Michigan last weekend, for our usual Fourth of July family reunion. It was a fun gathering, seeing everybody and celebrating Marc & Laura's baby shower. I really hope to do some more traveling before summer is finished. Possible trips could include, a day in Chicago, a weekend in the Upper Peninsula, and perhaps a camping trip with Andres or some friends.

Music I've been listening to: Bon Iver, Ray LaMontange, Band of Horses, Beach Boys, ATB, and Wilco.

Upcoming Blogs: A study of Painting, Top Ten Painters, and Top 25 Paintings

No comments: