Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Job at the BACA

I must sadly confess that posts will not be as frequent for a while, since I am now extremely busy working at the BACA... (Behavior Analysis Center for Autism). I moved in this past Saturday to Fishers Indiana, and pretty much hit the ground running. Monday through Friday was some intense training sessions, learning how to be a therapist. I wont lie its been pretty stressful trying to understand this new field of autism, with so much information to it. So many terms; Antecedents, Stimuli, Reinforcements, Motivational Operations, Stims, Mands, Verbal Operants, etc!!! My initial goal is basically to teach these kids how to talk, and to create a program for them so that they can better their verbal skills. I still have a long way to go to get comfortable with the work. At least most of the co-workers are friendly and some are very attractive, yet I'm sure lots of them are snickering behind my back (Since Carl hooked the job up)... Nonetheless as hard and daunting as it may be, I must go on!

2 comments:

laurlaur said...

i like the new decor of the blog. i'm back in the blogosphere

IU_hoosier20 said...

haha good to hear Lauran!