Saturday, January 30, 2010

Current Film Reviews: Sherlock Holmes

When I first saw previews of this film, I wasn't sure what to expect. It appeared to be a clash of genres from action, comedy, mystery, to drama... Judging by the trailers I had no anticipation to see the film, until I began to hear some positive reviews from others. Just last night I finally went to watch it at a very nice AMC theater in Castleton... Overall I was impressed by the movie and found it to be very entertaining. It has a very unique dark style to it, set in 1890 Britain. Sherlock Holmes and his trustworthy sidekick Dr. Watson find themselves engaged in an impeccable mystery of black magic. The film was action-packed and full of many twists and suprises. Robert Downy Jr did quite well as the British genius, who had a physical fury to match his incredibly sharp wit. Jude Law also prevailed as Dr. Watson... The two of them make an unstoppable team of fast-thinking clever detectives who really know how to pack a punch. It's almost ridiculous of how quick and smart the character of Sherlock Holmes is. I guess that's what makes the movie appealing though!

No comments: