Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall Festivals: Lebanon, IN

One thing I've always loved about Fall-time, is the country festivals... It's the best time in my opinion to take in the countryside and visit small towns full of rich American culture. It has become a past-time of mine, dating back to our family country drives and my boy scout years... It's my favorite time to appreciate the outdoors... American culture is a very broad thing, yet I think the heart of it lies in these small rural towns... This fall season I plan on hitting many of these town festivals...

So to kick the season off, I joined my mom, Sue, and Andres on a road-trip to Lebanon, IN just north of Indianapolis. It was about a 2 hour drive, yet quite enjoyable since it was the first time in a while that I've left Fort Wayne... The festival had a Fifties Theme, with old classic cars lining up the streets, flags waving, and many booths... A Beatles cover band was playing the entire time, which although is not 50s, was still pretty awesome... We had some real good pulled-pork sandwiches, cole-slaw, and strawberry short-cake. Mom and Sue hit up a flea-market where they bought a bunch of old junk for very cheap... The people were all very friendly, and I have to say I enjoyed the experience...

1 comment:

dreamer said...

that sounds like fun...