Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tarantino's Inglorious Movie

I saw Inglorious Basterds last night, and was greatly disappointed... I had my doubts to begin with, yet I hoped that Quentin Tarantino might deliver something original as he did in his memorable classics, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Vol 1... Well I was wrong, and Inglorious Basterds is a huge waste of time and money... full of extremely drawn out scenes, cheesy lines, and a ridiculous story... He not only disgraced the classic 1967 film, Dirty Dozen, yet he also disgraced history completely with his own take on WW2... I hate when stories can't stick true to history... Tarantino's approach has just become old with his trademark chapters, drawn-out dialouge, and gory violence... He has become over-rated in my opinion, living off the success of his first few movies... Not even Brad Pitt could save the film, as the Nazi-Hunter Aldo Raine... As great of an actor as Pitt is, he just didn't fit this role.. he's an American rebel not an American hero... The only worthy mention of the film was the German villain, Hans Landa played with great passion by Christopher Waltz... But take it from me the movie is a big waste of time... Tarantino is now as dead to me as M. Night Shyamalan...

1 comment:

Pablo Ramos said...

Nai! Nai Nai Nai Nai!!!!!!!!!!!!! Death proof was awesome.