Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Regarding Lucas Oil Stadium

This past weekend, I worked my first NFL game, since the 2007 season where I worked at the RCA Dome. I was once again working an Indianapolis Colts game yet this time it was in the much newer Lucas Oil Stadium. I've always been quite impressed with the stadium from the outside, yet had never seen it from the inside. This past Saturday I met up with Greg Litchy, to set up with Fox NFL, for the national 4:15 broadcast against the Dallas Cowboys. It was an extremely cold weekend, and I found myself outside walking quite a bit, trying to find parking... Once that was taken care of, the whole day consisted of trying to find our way through a giant warehouse of doors and tunnels. The inner structure to me is very similar to RCA dome, a long circular warehouse. Once we actually found the field, it was indeed quite an impressive sight. The stadium seats around 65,000 people and has a retractable sealing. Luckily it was closed for the weekend, and we never had to suffer the brutal cold weather. It was pretty cool working an NFL game, especially knowing that it was the much watched 4:15 broadcast. The game itself was quite exciting and the Colts lost in overtime to the Cowboys...

No comments: