Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Regarding Iowa University

About a week ago, I did a game in Iowa City at the University of Iowa. I was looking forward to a trip out west, something I had not done in a long time... Yet I must say that the 6 hour drive through plains and corn fields was extremely boring. When I finally got to Iowa City, I was quite disappointed, with nothing much to see. The hotel we stayed at was in the midst of construction, as well as the whole main strip. The stadium on the other hand was pretty awesome and new, nothing at all like the Big House, yet still quite massive, with a capacity of about 71,000. The set-up with Grant Yoder, was pretty easy and uneventful, minus a local helper who kind of ditched us in the middle of work. Our trucks were in the middle of the tailgate action, and we got to see a first-hand look of the Hawkeye tailgates, full of many pretty Iowa girls... I couldn't help but notice a Chicago-vibe to the city; Cubs, Gyros, and Chicago-styled bars... Other than that though, I must say I was rather bored with the city and perhaps the state of Iowa in general...

No comments: