Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Random Notes

So Last Wednesday I worked my last day at the BACA... After nearly 9 months of work my patience with autism had finally reached its wall. It will be hard to put aside all the hard-work I put in with these children, such as Hillel, Noah, Isaac, Gavin, Nick, Emily, Andrew, and so forth... I will miss them dearly, yet I look at the entire thing as a very valuable experience in moving forward.

The final decision to leave was inspired when Sportvision gave me a call a few weeks ago. They offered me a few games to work this season. At first I thought I might be able to juggle both jobs, doing therapy during the weeks, and football games on the weekend. Yet after a week vacation, I did some hard thinking and realized that I was simply worn out with autism, and ready for the next thing... Teaching! Therefore I put in my notice and used Sportvision as my out...

I just worked a game in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a three-day job, including a good drive there and back. Everything came right back to me, as I helped set up cameras, computers, and operate the coloring matte during the game. Of course as usual, we had a few problems here and there setting up, but the entire show was a success, and a fun experience.

So the next big thing for me in the future is teaching... I've thought about pursuing a career in teaching for some time now, and think now is the time to finally go for it. I want to teach History to secondary students, and know it's something I could be very passionate about. Of course getting there won't be easy, and will require going back to school. Yet in the end, I think it's my final road, that all paths lead to...

Philip and Shawna's wedding is about a month away, and I'm very excited for it. I hope to have everything figured out and ready to go by this time, so I won't be stressed, and can relax and have a great time. I know it's going to be an event we'll never forget!

The Fall season is in the air, my favorite time of the year... College football has begun, the NFL season starts this Thursday, and I have already begun to notice leaves changing colors. With this coming fall season, comes a new sensation of change, of hope, and of love, which I welcome dearly!

No comments: