Saturday, May 22, 2010

Top 5 Places to See

I love to travel! Perhaps I got it from my adventurous family. We'd always go on some kind of big trip at least once or twice a year... Drives to Michigan, Denver, Canada, New York, etc... Or maybe it was my good friend Sergio, who I've shared the road with several memorable times; like our trip to Mexico or Miami Beach Florida... It also could have been working with Sportvision for several years, traveling to many of the major cities and college towns of the country... I just love that feeling, of being someplace new and out of the ordinary... Away from home, just for a while, to experience something completely different... To experience completely new cultures like I did with Venezuela and Costa Rica... It's exhilarating! I feel that I have been to many places, yet still have many many places to see...

5. Brazil

I love everything about their culture. Perhaps my fascination began with their futbol glory, being hands down one of the greatest soccer countries in the world. I hear soccer is everywhere in this country, where they live by the beautiful game. Then there's the people and the gorgeous women, the music, the samba, the beaches, the Amazon, the food, and on and on... I can't wait to tune in to the 2012 Olympics, in Rio de Janeiro. and hope to someday visit this colorful place...



4. Israel

This would be more of a pilgrimage, yet a very necessary one... A sacred place that I have known about and read so much into, for most of my life. Biblical places such as Bethlehem, Jerusalem, the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, and so forth... To see the birthplace of Christ, and where he was crucified. So much sacred history in this place, that is truly worth experiencing...





3. Paris, France

Although I have recently become very obsessed with French culture, this fascination with Paris dates back since I can remember. Through my cousins, studying it's history, following the 1998 World Cup, or watching the movies. I have always known Paris as the city of Love, Art, and Beauty. I like to think of French culture as one of sophistication, yet the only true way to understand it is to visit the place itself... I think it'd be a great trip to experience with a loved one...





2. Greece

This fascination comes from my love of Greek Mythology. The birthplace of fiction, democracy, philosophy, the Olympics, and the most beautiful of literature. I think of Ancient Greece as the birthplace of human enlightenment... Of course Athens would be the central place to go, yet I think I would like to visit many places throughout Greece. So many natural wonders to experience all while enjoying the incredible climate from the Mediterranean Sea.




1. Italy

Very similar to Greece, yet with a culture and beauty entirely of its own, Italy is hands down my number one place to visit. It has a very interesting ancient history with the Roman Empire, once the super-power of the world... So many wonders to see... It is also home to the capital of our faith, the Vatican City, full of such divine art... It is full of such wonderful culture; the food, the futbol, the history, and of course it's passionate people... To visit Italy would take some time, for there are so many cities and places I would want to see...

No comments: