Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire is definitely worth seeing before the Oscars this Sunday! After watching it last night, I can understand why it has received so much hype! It did not disappoint like the overrated Benjamin Button did! It has an artistic approach to it, with a great story, amazing imagery, a spectacular soundtrack, and all around good acting! Oh and let me just add that Freida Pinto is an essential element in the movie! Her beauty is vividly captured in the backdrop of the poor slum-life of India, and she quite literally shines from the screen! It's all around good-stuff, full of suspense, romance, comedy, and drama. I would not be surprised if it won best picture of the year, although I still have to see the other contenders such as; The Wrestler, Milk, Frost/Nixon, Doubt, and The Reader... We shall see this Sunday!

Also the movie has once again made me consider the thought of traveling/living in another country for a while! To experience another culture is something I feel that I can no longer pass up! I feel my life would be incomplete if I did not live in another country for a while!

No comments: